Wednesday, July 22, 2009

New Recipe for rolled fondant... BUST

Posted by Lauren at 3:38 PM
Ok, so I went out and bought a 5lb tub of Satin Ice fondant for this weekend.... the stuff sucks. I have used fondant so many times before, but this stuff is just too soft and thin. It falls apart as soon as you try to lift it. I don't know what the problem is. Maybe it's just the batch. Either way.. from now on I'm only using home made or Wilton!

Anyway... I didn't feel like making the usual marshmallow fondant, so I decided to try this recipe

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 cup light corn syrup
  • 1 cup shortening
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
  • 2 pounds confectioners' sugar

DIRECTIONS

  1. In a large bowl, stir together the shortening and corn syrup. Mix in the salt and vanilla flavoring, then gradually mix in the confectioners' sugar until it is a stiff dough. If you are using a stand mixer, use the dough hook attachment. Otherwise, knead by hand. If the dough is sticky, knead in more confectioners' sugar until it is smooth. Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
  2. To use, roll out on a clean surface that has been dusted with confectioners' sugar until it is 1/8 inch thick or thinner if you can. Drape over frosted and chilled cakes and smooth the sides down, or cut into strips to make bows and other decorations.
So far it's just too soft to work with... but I read the reviews and they all say it has to sit for a little bit. I hope it works! Otherwise all the fondant work I need to get done today will have to wait until tomorrow.

Nope... didn't work!!!! Back to the drawing board! Or I just have to stick with the marshmallow

0 comments on "New Recipe for rolled fondant... BUST"

Post a Comment

 

Desserts By Lauren Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez