Friday, July 17, 2009

July 17th at "Flea by the Sea"

Posted by Lauren at 8:42 PM
So this was the first Friday where we sold next to nothing! Today was totally not worth it. We didn't even cover the cost of the booth rental, let along the ingredients. I hope tomorrow we at least break even.

Not only that... but now Thor Equities has decided to not just raise the price for the vendors... not even double it.... but it's now double PLUS $75! And it doesn't even include parking!!!!

When this "Flea" opened... we paid $50 for a full weekend. Then for July they doubled it to $100 for the weekend. Now this!?! NO WAY! I'm done.

I'm glad I already decided that this would be my last weekend. I had a great time doing it, don't get me wrong. I LOVE to see peoples faces as they bite into the cupcakes and it shows they really enjoy it.

Today a small group passed by and 2 of the guys got the beer cupcake. The first one who ate it, seriously, I thought he was gonna pass out! He couldn't stop saying how good it was and that it was the best cupcake he ever had. Weather or not it really was, who knows. Maybe he was just being nice. Either way, I loved hanging out with them while they ate the cupcakes and just chatted about beer, cupcakes, photography, tattoos and whatever else.

I love seeing reactions like that and that's what I will miss the most. I really loved meeting people and chatting and sharing my cupcake obsession with the world.

To the other vendors I have met, because all the vendors down there are really awesome, I will miss you all! I'll be sure to pass by and say hi!

0 comments on "July 17th at "Flea by the Sea""

Post a Comment

 

Desserts By Lauren Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez