Saturday, July 11, 2009

July 17th, 18th and 19th!

Posted by Lauren at 1:07 AM

Ok, so I'm going back to Coney Island to sell some cupcakes! Some small changes may have to be made though.

As much as I LOVE doing this... I have not been making any money off it. I charge way too little for my cupcakes and at the end of the weekend I usually only break even. And that's not even factoring in the HOURS it takes me to bake over 200 cupcakes and whip up all the different frostings. So, as much as I don't want to, I may have to raise the price a little and cut back on other things that don't sell as much... like the chocolate chip cookies. Last week I spent over 12 hours just baking over a 2 day period, not to mention all the time in Coney Island selling them.

Now... I really don't want to raise the price of all my cupcakes, so I'm thinking about just raising the price of the red velvet. They take 3 times as long to prepare and the frosting is made with cream cheese. It's probably the most expensive cupcake I bake.

Last weekend in Coney I was able to sell out of my peanut butter and jelly cupcakes at $3 each. They're expensive, but they still don't even cost as much as the red velvets do to make. So I think from now on I will have to sell the red velvet as a "specialty" cupcake to try to compensate.

I really hope that everyone realizes that when you come down to Coney Island to buy my cupcakes they are never more than 12 hours old and all the frostings stay on ice in a cooler. It really can't get any fresher unless you eat it hot out of the oven!

0 comments on "July 17th, 18th and 19th!"

Post a Comment

 

Desserts By Lauren Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez