Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Mr. Met cake update...

Posted by Lauren at 3:19 PM
I want to pull my hair out! I decided to use some home made marshmallow fondant so that it would taste better.... NEVER again! EVER!!!!

We had to go out and get a new cake board today because the one we had didn't support the cake enough. The only one they had was a really ugly gold, so we decided to tint some of the home made fondant orange and cover the board. The orange coloring turned the fondant into a mushy mess. We had to use a giant chunk of gum paste so that the fondant wouldn't rip. This is a job that should normally take about 10 minutes... it took us over an hour. This cake may be the death of me!

Then I tried to roll out the rest of the white fondant for the torso. This worked a lot better than the orange fondant, but it was still a huge mess. I don't think I've ever had this much trouble covering a cake. And moving the cake from the first board to the second made a huge mess. But whatever... it looks great! I'm so happy. Not even close to done yet, but it looks great.

We still have to make the arms and get them covered and onto the board. The hat has is drying, just needs a brim. Jersey logo is cut out. Need to go get some orange chocolate tomorrow to pipe the logo onto the hat. And the huge job... covering the Rice Krispy head with fondant! Pretty sure I'm going to have to go buy some regular fondant for that.

AHHHHHHHH

0 comments on "Mr. Met cake update..."

Post a Comment

 

Desserts By Lauren Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez