Saturday, June 6, 2009

Finished "OM" Bites

Posted by Lauren at 9:55 PM
Ok, so I don't know much about yoga, but this is the "OM" symbol. These pops were made for a yoga instructor course graduation. They are all yellow cake and half are covered with milk chocolate and half are covered with dark chocolate.

Originally, these were going to be large flat pops. It didn't work. The cakes were too big and the pops kept coming out. Also, I had asked a few people how to thin down the chocolate a little and everyone mentioned using a little vegetable oil. This did NOT work! The chocolate never dried. And I only used a tiny drop. When I went to the chocolate store today the guy told me about these "oil chips" called paramount crystals from the CK company. I found these on Amazon if you want to check them out. They worked great. The chocolate set very quickly and left a nice glossy shine.

It was too hard to throw away all that we had worked so hard on, so we ate them. Well, not all of them. We gave a lot away. As long as they were kept in the fridge, they were fine. The chocolate needed to stay cool. But boy were they delicious! The chocolate ones were like Ring Dings! Sooooo good.

The "OM" army!
I baked and dipped... Mike decorated.
I can't believe how well he did with the piping.

Each one, hand made.And now they are ready for delivery.I am so proud of these. They taste even better than they look!

0 comments on "Finished "OM" Bites"

Post a Comment

 

Desserts By Lauren Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez