Friday, June 19, 2009

Doggie Treats!!!

Posted by Lauren at 10:41 AM
Ok, so I was getting ready to get my bake on yesterday and I started thinking about how many people passed by the "Flea By The Sea" with their furry little friends. So I decided to bake up a batch of doggie treats!

Sorry for such a bad cell phone picture!
This was the first batch that came out of the oven.

I found this recipe:

Peanut Butter Dog Treats
Adapted from Brown Eyed Baker

INGREDIENTS:
2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 cup peanut butter *I used natural peanut butter, which is very dry*
1 cup skim milk

**I had to add an egg to hold everything together since the peanut butter was so dry.

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, combine flour and baking powder. In another bowl, mix peanut butter and milk. Add wet mixture to dry, and mix well.

Turn out dough on a lightly floured surface and knead. Roll out to 1/4-inch thickness and cut out shapes. Place on a greased baking sheet and bake 20 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool on a rack and store in an airtight container.

Makes about 20-30 dog biscuits.


In addition to the doggie treats I also baked up chocolate chip cookies, brownies, chocolate cupcakes and margarita cupcakes. Today I will be making golden cupcakes and red velvet, plus whipping up the frostings! I can't wait 'till Saturday's "Flea By The Sea"!


0 comments on "Doggie Treats!!!"

Post a Comment

 

Desserts By Lauren Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez