Tuesday, June 23, 2009

4th of July Idea!

Posted by Lauren at 10:24 PM
Ok... so thanks to Bakerella I just figured out how I'm going to spice up the 4th of July bake sale! Cake burgers and cookie fries! I've seen something like this before, but these are so simple to do that I just have to make them! LOVE the idea!

Still making regular cupcakes, brownies, cookies and cake pops... for those of you who don't like your food to look like other foods. lol

Oh... and an update on the dog treats...
Made another batch today using regular skippy peanut butter and it worked out great. I didn't need to add an egg this time. It even rolled better. So, I guess the type of peanut butter you use really has a lot to do with it. So, for those of you who like using all natural organic for your furry little friends... just keep in mind that you may have to add an egg.

I'm exhausted tonight, but tomorrow I will upload the pics of the doggie treats. You can see the difference in the dough. I even tasted it.. not bad, but not as peanut-buttery as it smells.

Recipe from BullWrinkle.com:

2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 cup peanut butter (chunky or smooth, I use smooth)
1 cup milk

Preheat oven to 375'F. In a bowl, combine flour and baking powder. In another bowl, mix peanut butter and milk, then add to dry ingredients and mix well. Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead. Roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness and use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes. Bake for 20 minutes on a greased baking sheet until lightly brown. Cool on a rack, then store in an airtight container. --- This is the original recipe, but I have found the cookies burn easily.

They said it burns easily... I found that a little tonight. The first time I made it with the egg I had no problems at all but this time they did seem to cook faster. Keep an eye on them. I set my timer for 15 minutes and them kept a close eye on them after that.

0 comments on "4th of July Idea!"

Post a Comment

 

Desserts By Lauren Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez