Saturday, August 15, 2009

One "ball" of a weekend!

Posted by Lauren at 2:10 AM
So this weekend I had an order for 90 cake balls as baby shower favors. Half yellow cake, half chocolate cake, and all dipped in white chocolate and decorated in pink and yellow chocolate. They came out great! I can't wait to drop them off in a few hours!

Click picture to enlarge

I decided before I made those to try out a new yellow cake recipe. It was pretty good, but not as good as my regular one, so I re-baked. I ended up with so much extra cake! I decided to turn it into balls anyway and I'm so glad I did! Not only did they taste great in ball form, but it was also my cousins birthday and she invited us to come by with some of her other friends. So, since I hate white chocolate myself, I dipped the rest of the balls in dark chocolate and decorated them with shredded coconut, sprinkles, red sugar, and even more chocolate with a 22 piped on! They were a huge hit. I really couldn't believe how fast they went!

Click picture to enlarge

I still have about a dozen balls sitting on my table that I will drop off to someone else tomorrow. I think I dipped over 200 cake balls this weekend! It really is the best way to eat cake!!!!

0 comments on "One "ball" of a weekend!"

Post a Comment

 

Desserts By Lauren Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez