Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Home baked bread.... take 2

Posted by Lauren at 1:19 AM
Ok, so I decided to try out the Julia Child recipe for white bread again because it was just sooooo damn good last time! This time I decided to try it with bread flour. The dough felt a little tough even though I only needed to add 5 cups of flour. I was instantly depressed and decided to make another batch just in case it didn't turn out right. Keep in mind, each batch makes 2 loafs. Here's what the first batch looked like....


Perfect! It was moist inside... more dense than the batch baked with the all purpose flour last time, but delicious!

The second batch is on it's second rise right now. It should be ready to go in the oven in about 15 minutes. I can't wait to compare! I hope this bread freezes well!

Ok, second batch is out of the oven and cooling. I just cut into it and it's still a little denser than the last time I baked it. The big air pockets are not there when you cut it open. I'm sure it has something to do with this weather. I guess I picked the wrong day to bake up LOTS of bread. It tastes delicious, but not as crisp as I like.

I think tomorrow is going to be another french toast kinda day!

0 comments on "Home baked bread.... take 2"

Post a Comment

 

Desserts By Lauren Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez