Sunday, November 1, 2009

Surprise 60th Birthday!

Posted by Lauren at 12:26 AM
For my aunt's surprise party I was asked to make a roulette themed cake. This is the 2nd one I've done. I thought that since I had done one in the past, this one would be easy. I was wrong.

The first one I made, the center cake was too big, so it didn't spin.


So I knew I had to add more space between the 2 parts. It was a much larger cake, so I really had to figure out how to do it. It was 4 layers with a rice krispy boarder (so it didn't look too tall). Sadly, when trimming the center cake, I overcompensated. There was a HUGE gap between the 2. So, at about 11pm, the night before the party, I had to re-bake the center cake. But... it was worth it! And there was plenty of cake to go around!

In addition, I also made 230 cake balls! 2 full trays!


All in all, It was a great night!

0 comments on "Surprise 60th Birthday!"

Post a Comment

 

Desserts By Lauren Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez