Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Roulette Wheel Cake!

Posted by Lauren at 4:12 PM
Ok, I know i've very behind with my posts... I'm sorry. School has really cut into my free time. Anyway... better late than never I guess.

Back to business... so this cake was the first one that I completely did by myself. I always bake the cakes myself, but I usually have Mike to help me decorate. With him being back at work this was all on me. So, needless to say, I am proudest of this cake!

The only huge issue I had with it was making it spin. I had the center cake on a round cutting board attached to a lazy susan bearing, but I didn't leave enough room between the inner circle and the outer rim. Oh well. At least it looked good and tasted great!

So the cake was a classic chocolate cake with a vanilla custard filling and fresh strawberries frosted with chocolate buttercream. Makes me hungry just thinking about it! LOL

0 comments on "Roulette Wheel Cake!"

Post a Comment

 

Desserts By Lauren Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez