Sunday, May 31, 2009

PB&J Cupcakes!

Posted by Lauren at 12:04 AM
Ok, so after doing a lot of research on cupcakes... mostly peanut butter and jelly cupcakes.... I decided to try it for myself.

I used a white cake batter that was incredible! I only made enough for 7 cupcakes, so I hope when I try to make this in bulk they are just as tasty.

Fresh out of the oven!
Then they got a grape jelly injection
And I topped them with an incredible peanut butter frosting and grape jelly drizzle.
I am so happy with the way these came. I ran a few over to my friends house after Mike (the fiance) and I taste tested them ourselves. It was a hit! So excited!!!!

The white cake recipe was much more than I bargained for. I got it from AllRecipes.com and set it to only 8 servings. The measurements were a little screwy, calling for 1 1/4 egg whites. (I only used 1) and some odd amounts of sugar. It also called for vanilla extract and almond extract, but I left both out. I wanted it to be as pure as possible. This is what I got:

INGREDIENTS

  • 3/4 cup and 2 tablespoons sifted cake flour
  • 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1-1/4 egg whites (I used 1)
  • 1/3 cup and 2 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon white sugar
  • 3 tablespoons and 2-1/2 teaspoons butter
  • 1/4 cup and 1 tablespoon milk (I poured a bit in slowly... don't think I used that much)
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (Left out)
  • 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (Left out)


The frosting recipe I got from the How To Eat A Cupcake Blog It was seriously incredible! It wasn't an overwhelming peanut butter flavor. Mike compared it to peanut butter ice cream. It was light and fluffy.

Peanut Butter Frosting (this is the original recipe x1.5)

3/4 cup smooth or crunchy peanut butter
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temp
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
3 tablespoons milk


Combine the peanut butter, butter, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer beat until light and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. Add the confectioners sugar along with the milk, and beat until well combined.

My rating: Delicious!!!!
1-5 system... 1 being the worst... 5 being the best.

Cake flavor: 5
Mostness: 5
Frosting: 5

0 comments on "PB&J Cupcakes!"

Post a Comment

 

Desserts By Lauren Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez